San Antonio is a GREAT city for both kids and adults. Our city is so family friendly that there is an abundance of options on what to do with your kids. Everything from indoor to outdoor activities. Here are just a few of the places you can go and have fun with your kiddos!
Credit: Hemisfair Park
- Entrance Fee: FREE
- Outdoors, family and kid-friendly
- YANGUANA GARDEN– 4.1 acre park with coolest climbing structures & swings. Ping pong tables, chess boards, splash pad and more.
- Various Events like: Story Time in the Garden, Camp Gladiator, Movies at the Park, etc..
- Food trucks, restaurants, bars, coffee shops, etc…
- Near: La Villita, the Alamo, River Center Mall, Market Square, The Riverwalk
Credit: The DoSeum
- Entrance Fee: About $14
- Indoors & outdoors ;family and kid friendly
- Fun, creative and innovative learning environment for kids of all ages
- You’ll find: Musical staircase, interactive robot and puppet parade, spy academy filled with math challenges among other learning fun activities
- Topics: Science, Technology, Math, Literacy and Creative Arts
The Witte Museum
Credit: Witte Museum
- Entrance Fee: Varies depending on exhibitions you want to visit. Their special deal right now is $22
- Focuses on archeological findings, South Texas history, science and water resources
- Near Brackenridge Park, located on the Banks of the San Antonio River
- Current Exhibits: Predators vs Prey: Dinosaurs on the Land Before Texas, 300 Years of San Antonio History, and more.
The Pearl Brewery
Credit: The Historic Pearl
- Entrance Fee: FREE(Some special events do charge a cover to attend, but everything else is open to public.)
- Top culinary and cultural destination for retail, dining, picturesque green spaces, spray parks, riverside walks, and great family events.
- Has a huge open green area where they often have live music, farmers market on the weekends and a big green space with a spray park area for kids and families to relax, have a picnic and have fun.
The San Antonio Zoo
Credit: San Antonio Zoo
- Entrance Fee: If you buy online, the Fun Day ticket starts at about $21.99 for adults ( 12+) and $18.99 for kids. This Fun Day ticket includes your standard admission, train ride, carousel ride and entry to the butterfly exhibit.
- Experiences: Giraffe feeding, Hippos, Butterflies, Zootennial Carousel, Petty Zoo, Sea Life Aquarium, and more!
Theme Parks (Six Flags / Sea World / Morgan’s Wonderland)
Credit: Morgans Wonderland
- Entrance Fees: They vary depending on seasonality and promotions. Below are the direct links to ticket info.
- SIX FLAGS: Amusement park with great rollercoasters and rides for adults and kids of all ages. https://www.sixflags.com/fiestatexas/store/tickets
- SEA WORLD: A Texas theme park and animal experience. The park features killer whales, sea lions, dolphins, thrill rides, killer roller coasters and great aquatic shows. https://seaworld.com/san-antonio/tickets/
- MORGAN’S WONDERLAND: First theme park of its kind in the whole world. A non-profit purpose-built theme park for guests of all ages and all abilities. Admission for those with special needs is free and admission for accompanying family members are nominal. The main purpose of this park if for everyone to have fun and for it to feel inclusive of those with disabilities. It was named “best family attraction”. http://www.morganswonderland.com/admission/single-day-admission